Training Course Descriptions
Navigating FMS nQuery
The Navigating FMS nQuery online course** is an introduction to FMS nQuery, which is the University’s read-only financial database. It provides information and helpful hints on how to efficiently navigate within FMS nQuery.
The course will cover instructions on how to run ledger summaries, and how to look up information, such as:
- Chartfields, Speedcharts and Project/Grants
- Vendor information
- Accounts Payable transactions
- Purchase Order details
- General Ledger transactions
- Payroll information
The Navigating FMS nQuery online course is available on an ongoing basis and can be completed at your own pace. Participants can expect to spend approximately 3 hours to complete the reading material and 90 minutes (time limit) to complete the quiz and short survey. In order to receive credit for completing this course, participants must score 80% or better on the quiz.
- Registration is on a monthly basis.
- After registering in MOST, you will receive an email with instructions on how to enroll in the course. Of note, there may be a delayed response on when you receive the email.
- Please, complete the quiz within the same month as your registration. (example: Register in May and take the quiz in May; do not register in May and take the quiz in June.)
- If you find that you are unable to take the quiz in the same month as your registration, cancel your registration and re-register in the appropriate month.
**This online course is available through Connect, and you will need a CWL ID for access. If you are off campus, you will need to connect to UBC VPN first before you can login to Connect.
- After selecting the link above, it will take you to the UBC Vancouver page
- Select the month you wish to enroll (top right side of the UBC Vancouver page)
- You will then be prompted to enroll with your CWL